Adventist-laymen's Services and Industries
North American Division
Supporting Ministries Guidelines
These guidelines support those working policies of the Seventh-day
Adventist Church which have been established to recognize non-profit
organizations that enhance the ministry of the Church.
- The leaders of supporting ministries shall be members in
good and regular standing of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- The theological positions of the supporting ministries
shall be in harmony with the fundamental beliefs of the Seventh-day
Adventist Church. In supporting these beliefs, the context of
both the biblical text and writings of Ellen G. White will be
- The leaders of supporting ministries shall support and
cooperate with the goals and purposes of the Seventh-day Adventist
Church by words, actions, and publications. Their work shall
positively supplement that of the church in carrying out the
- Supporting ministry leaders, ordained or not ordained,
shall not represent their supporting ministry as an official
- Supporting ministries shall not solicit or knowingly accept
tithe from SDA church members and shall encourage their supporters
to be faithful in returning tithe and appropriate offerings through
the authorized channels of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Supporting ministries shall make available a formal statement
of mission, including plans and objectives.
- Supporting ministries that accept contributions shall be
registered with the appropriate tax bodies as non-profit organizations
and shall provide copies of their annual audited financial statements
upon the request of the North American Division.
I affirm that the entity below is in compliance with the guidelines listed above.
Name/Title (please print): ________________________________________________